K-ETA South Korea 🇰🇷

Tourism / Business / Events

The electronic travel authorization covers up to 112 nationalities. The K-ETA is valid for 3 years from the date of issue (or until expiry of the associated passport), and allows stays of between 30 and 90 days in South Korea, depending on the nationality of the passport. It can be used for tourism, business, events or visits to relatives.

Since April 2023, 22 nationalities (including the French and Belgians) are exempt from K-ETA until 2025. However, obtaining this document in advance will save you time when you arrive.

Once payment has been made, a photocopy of your passport and a passport photo should be attached, so that we can cross-check the information and maximize your chances of obtaining K-ETA quickly.

Start a request for K-ETA South Korea

Single rate of 29 € per passenger
Excluding consular fees, if applicable

Frequently asked questions about K-ETA South Korea

Seoul, Busan, Daejeon, Jeju: there are many must-see destinations in South Korea. Located in East Asia, the cradle of K-pop, also famous for its seventh art and richly flavored gastronomy, abounds in sacred temples, verdant countryside, fascinating islands and high-tech cities. So what are the procedures for traveling to Korea? Do I need a visa for South Korea?

Our agency specializing in travel documents for individuals and professionals provides all the information you need to organize your stay in South Korea with peace of mind. From visa exemption under certain conditions to electronic travel authorization requests, we explain all the steps you need to take to visit this Asian country. Entrust your travel authorization request to Visamundi to receive your official document quickly and easily, and prepare for your departure in the best possible conditions.

Do I need a visa to enter South Korea?

K-ETA South KoreaThe South Korean government has set up a visa waiver program (VWP), known as the "Visa Waiver Program"(VWP) program. Up to 112 nationalities are involved in this program, depending on the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions in the countries concerned.

French, Belgian and Swiss nationals, for example, are not required to apply for a visa for South Korea for a stay of up to 90 days. Other nationalities are limited to stays of 30 or 60 days for visa-free travel to South Korea. Canadians, on the other hand, can stay up to 6 months in the country without a visa. The ENP has also applied to Jeju Island since September 2022.

For nationalities exempted from visas for South Korea, it is however necessary to apply for an electronic travel authorization in South Korea, called "K-ETA" for "Korea Electronic Travel Authorization".Korea Electronic Travel Authorization"in English. Thanks to K-ETA, citizens of visa-exempt countries can travel to South Korea for a variety of reasons:

  • tourism,
  • visit acquaintances,
  • attend an event or meeting,
  • business travel.

However, unlike a visa, the K-ETA does not allow you to find work or settle in South Korea. We invite you to contact the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your country of residence to apply for a classic visa for South Korea.

Compared with a visa for South Korea, the K-ETA is valid for 3 years from the date of issue by the South Korean authorities, or until expiry of the passport associated with the K-ETA application. It is a travel authorization with unlimited entry, within a limit of 30 to 90 days depending on your nationality.

If you change your passport, change your identity - name, gender or nationality - develop an infectious disease or acquire a criminal record before visiting South Korea, you must renew your application at K-ETA, even if the document has not yet expired.

Please note that 22 nationalities have been granted an exemption from the K-ETA procedure until the end of 2024 as part of the "Visit Korea Year": Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States. However, it is advisable to apply for K-ETA in advance, to save time when you arrive in South Korea.

How do I get a K-ETA with Visamundi ?

Are you planning a stay of between 30 and 90 days in South Korea for tourism, business or events? With Visamundi, your request for K-ETA is simplified. Apply online now on our website.

Benefit from the best services with Visamundi for your South Korea visa waiver application online. Our fully paperless application procedure for K-ETA is fast and straightforward. All you have to do is fill in the form provided on our website. The information requested includes

  • the reason for your trip to South Korea,
  • your arrival and departure dates,
  • your identity,
  • your passport.

Once you have completed our form and paid K-ETA , all you need to do is send us a photocopy of your valid passport and a recent color passport photo. With these documents, which our team will check for conformity, you can maximize your chances of benefiting from visa exemption for South Korea as quickly as possible.

With Visamundi, the electronic travel authorization for South Korea is issued within 72 hours for urgent departures. We advise you to send us your request at least 3 days before your departure to South Korea. The travel authorization is in the form of an official document sent in electronic format (PDF), to be printed before your departure for South Korea.

If you lose your K-ETA before your trip to South Korea, contact us and we will send you a free copy of your travel authorization by e-mail as soon as possible.

How much does a visa for South Korea cost?

K-ETA comes with a single fee, regardless of your nationality or the length of your stay in South Korea. You can obtain your electronic travel authorization for South Korea for a consular fee of €7, or around 10,000 South Korean won (excluding service charges), for stays of between 30 and 90 days maximum. This means you can travel to South Korea without a visa, provided you are a national of a country designated as a "free visa country" by the South Korean government.

In the event that the South Korean authorities refuse to issue your K-ETA application, Visamundi will reimburse all costs associated with your online application. Pay for your K-ETA online in complete security, thanks to our secure European payment system.

My nationality is not on the list for requesting a K-ETA, what should I do?

More than 100 nationalities are eligible for this electronic authorization process. Since April 2023, 22 nationalities (including French and Belgian) are exempt from K-ETA until 2025. However, obtaining this document in advance will save you time when you arrive.

How long is K-ETA valid?

The K-eta is valid for 3 years, or until your passport expires. During these 3 years, you can enter as many times as you like for a maximum period of 90 days.

How long can I stay in South Korea with a K-ETA ?

A maximum of 90 days per stay is allowed.

I don't yet have a place to live in South Korea. Is this compulsory for K-ETA ?

Yes, the South Korean authorities require a local residence address, as well as the contact details of the establishment or person hosting you.

Do children under 12 need a K-ETA ?

Anyone travelling to South Korea must apply for a K-ETA unless your nationality is exempt from K-ETA, as mentioned above.

I'm going to do an internship in South Korea. Do I need K-ETA ?

For internships, you'll need to contact the embassy for a classic visa, the K-ETA being for tourism or business visits only.

How long does it take to receive my K-ETA ?

K-ETA is usually sent within 72 hours. However, we are dependent on the authorities' deadlines.

Can I get my K-ETA upon arrival in South Korea?

No, it is not possible to obtain a K-ETA upon arrival in South Korea. You must apply online before departure, and the airline will ask you for it before boarding.

What documents do I need to obtain a K-ETA ?

The documents required to obtain K-eta are:

  • A copy of your passport valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in South Korea.
  • A passport photo

Can I extend my stay once K-ETA has expired?

No, you cannot extend your stay in South Korea once your K-eta has expired. You will need to apply again.

What is the difference between K-ETA and a visa for South Korea?

The K-ETA is an electronic authorization to travel on the territory. The visa allows the visitor to stay longer and for other reasons.

How many times can I enter South Korea with a K-ETA ?

K-ETA offers multiple entries for 3 years from the date of issue.

Do I need to apply to K-ETA for a transit?

You won't need a K-ETA if you're not leaving the international zone, no matter how long you're in transit. You only need to apply if you wish to leave the airport.

Are there any specific vaccines for South Korea?

There are no mandatory vaccinations for South Korea.

How long must my passport be valid to enter South Korea?

Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival in South Korea. If your passport expires before your K-ETA expires, you will need to apply for a new one.

Do I need a return ticket when I travel to South Korea?

It is not necessary to have a return ticket, but the immigration officer may ask you for proof that you will be leaving the country before the 90 days allowed.

Can I work with a K-ETA ?

The K-ETA does not allow you to work in the country. If you wish to work, you will need to contact an embassy or consulate to apply for the appropriate visa.

What should I do if there is an error on my K-ETA ?

If you realize that you have made a mistake, please inform us as soon as possible before sending your documents.
Once K-ETA has been edited and sent, it is no longer possible to modify the document. It will be necessary to make a new request.

I've submitted a request on the official website, but I haven't received a reply by email. What should I do?

To find an application on the official website, go to "check my visa" and you'll find your application with your passport number and date of birth. If you can't find the latter, we advise you to contact the authorities. Unfortunately, we can't help you with applications we haven't submitted ourselves.

The official K-ETA website warns you to beware of scams, but what about them?

It is advisable to make sure that the document issued by the website actually comes from the official website. Visamundi helps you obtain your K-ETA, and goes through the official website to obtain this document.

South Korea: mandatory and recommended vaccines

Mandatory vaccines

  • Yellow fever: A certificate is required for travelers from countries where there is a risk of yellow fever transmission.

Recommended vaccines

  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B: For long or repeated stays
  • Japanese encephalitis: From the age of 2 months for expatriates or people who have to stay in rural areas during the transmission period.
  • Malaria: Sporadic and seasonal transmission zones from March to December in the northern provinces (Gangwon-Do, Gyeonggi-Do) and Incheon.
  • Rabies: In case of prolonged stay in isolation
  • Typhoid fever: In case of prolonged stay or precarious hygienic conditions